Friday, January 23, 2009

Origins of SoreOozer

Contrary to popular opinion I did not name my blog after a medical condition or symptom of a sexually transmitted illness. Nor did I realize that it can easily be misheard as ShortLoser.blogspot.com; an equally unflattering title. Since there is nothing eventful to report today I'm going share with you the origins of Sore Oozer.
The first Friday of the new year a bunch of us were playing Bananagrams in Yonaton's living room. Max had peeled and after reviewing his board we came to the consensus that "oozer" was not a valid word, causing Max to lose the game and be a Rotten Banana. To be spared the obvious humiliation that comes with such a title Max threw the tiniest of hissy fits. Amidst the tantrum Jessica Raab quietly said "come on Max, don't be a sore oozer". And it was funny.
It was a fateful night
Shabbat Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment